March 6, 2020
An Important Message from MANNA Regarding COVID-19
As an organization focused on the health of our clients, MANNA is closely monitoring local and federal response to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). This is a rapidly evolving situation, and we will remain vigilant to updates from local and federal officials.
Our clients come first, always. As individuals and families impacted by serious illness, MANNA’s clients are among the most vulnerable to illnesses. Sanitary practices and cleanliness are always a top priority in MANNA’s facilities every day. Those of you who have visited us recently may have noticed that we have heightened our sanitary practices.
We remind our volunteers, supporters, and staff to follow the Center for Disease Control’s guidelines to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
While we are operating normal hours, we encourage any volunteer or staff member who displays any symptom of illness to stay home and seek medical care.
MANNA’s Operations and Client Services team are keeping a close eye on guidance from the City of Philadelphia, our ties in Philadelphia’s medical community, and the Centers for Disease Control. We are operationally positioned to make programmatic changes that are in the best interest of our clients. We will remain in close contact with our clients and their families and communicate any programmatic changes should they arise.
We are grateful to the incredible MANNA volunteer community – you are truly the backbone of our organization. We recognize that this is an uncertain time for us all, and appreciate that you continue to support our clients each and every day.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out me with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.
Sue Daugherty, RDN, LDN