Gifts of Stock
What are stock gifts?
Gifts of stock are transfers of stocks or other appreciated assets from an individual to a charitable entity.
What are the benefits of giving stock?
Giving stocks and other securities to MANNA is an easy way to make an impact without taking money directly out of your bank account. Plus, neither you nor MANNA will be taxed on the gains for appreciated assets you donate. If you itemize deductions, you can also take a charitable deduction for the entire donation amount.
How do I donate stock?
Here are the three easiest ways you can donate your appreciated assets:
- Make a gift of stock online
- This free online tool walks you through the process of stock giving in less than 10 minutes.
- You can include a personal message with your gift and earmark it for specific funds.
- Make your gift over the phone, by mail, or through a financial advisor
- If you’ve donated stock previously and are familiar with the process, access MANNA’s brokerage and DTC information here.
- Have a financial advisor transfer stock on your behalf
- Advisors can use this online tool to provide nonbinding gift details.
Do you have a question about stock giving that wasn’t answered here? Email MANNA’s Individual Giving Manager Brandon Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.