MANNA is a designated essential service. Our volunteers are essential personnel.
The health and safety of our MANNA community is of the utmost importance. MANNA abides by all CDC and City of Philadelphia guidelines for safe operations.
- You must be feeling healthy to volunteer. By entering our facility you are agreeing that:
- You have not travelled internationally or to any state under quarantine restriction by the City of Philadelphia within the last two weeks.
- You and all members of your household have not displayed any symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 72 hours.
- You have checked your temperature today and it is not above 100.4˚
- You are not considered high-risk for complications from COVID-19.
- Masks are required in the building at all times. Volunteers may bring their own masks. We can provide masks to those who need. Please do not wear bandanas, gaiters, or masks with valves. Tightly-fitting cloth or paper masks are acceptable.
- We have limited the number of kitchen volunteers per shift to allow for proper social distancing.
- All deliveries are contactless to protect the health of our volunteers and clients.
- In addition to our standard kitchen hygiene practices, we have added a number of hand sanitizer stations throughout the building.
- We have a full-time facilities cleaner who sanitizes all high-touch surfaces in the building throughout the day.
All volunteers must be at least 14 old. If anyone is a minor (under 18 years of age) a parental consent form must be filled out prior to being allowed to volunteer in the MANNA kitchen. All minor volunteers MUST have a signed consent form or they will not be allowed to volunteer.
Volunteers work in the kitchen under the guidance of MANNA’s amazing chefs. You will work on supervised tasks that our chef’s assign such as chopping vegetables, packing meals, filling meal trays, baking, and any other tasks for the day.
Yes, volunteer safety is a priority at MANNA and the Department of Health requires a dress code for MANNA’s kitchen. Volunteers are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- An approved face mask must be worn. Bandanas and masks with exhalation valves are not permitted.
- No sleeveless shirts or tank tops
- Must wear long pants (no shorts or skirts)
- Must wear closed shoes (no open-toed shoes or sandals)
- No jewelry is allowed in the kitchen (rings, bracelets, watches, dangling earrings)
- Hats and/or head covering is required. Hairnets are provided, but you may bring your own baseball cap or hat to wear.
- Disposable aprons and gloves will also be provided onsite
Tuesday – Thursday Kitchen Shifts:
- 7am – 10am
- 10am – 1pm
- 1pm – 4pm
Friday Kitchen Shifts:
(Please note that our kitchen closes at 1pm on Fridays):
- 7am – 10am
- 10am – 1pm
No, our MANNA chefs will show you exactly what you need to do. There are many non-cooking opportunities in our kitchen, such as packing sandwiches or packaging meals on the MANNA turnout line.
Metered, zoned, and garage parking is available nearby. MANNA is also easily accessible from the following SEPTA bus routes: 7, 32, 33, 43, 48, and 49.