MANNA loves our Volunteers!
For over 30 years, MANNA Volunteers have come from all different backgrounds, but share a common purpose – to build a community for everyone. United in our 10,000 sq ft kitchen, volunteers contribute their unique talents, skills, and knowledge of our community and add the secret ingredients of attention and care right into our client’s medically tailored meals. From peeling onions, to packing trays, and delivering a week’s worth of meals to the doorsteps of Philadelphia’s hardest to reach, volunteers work together to share in the experience of neighbors nourishing neighbors. Our volunteer program is built on the understanding that we all have something to contribute. We envision a space in which all volunteers feel connected, productive, and valued.
MANNA is an essential service relies on volunteers like you to assist us in the kitchen chopping vegetables, cooking and baking, prepping and packaging, delivering meals to clients, and providing assistance with our events and community outreach!
Please visit our COVID-19 Volunteers page to learn more about our safety measures and watch our safety video about what to expect before and during your volunteer shift.
Our current kitchen shift schedule is as follows:
Monday – Wednesday: 7-10am, 10am-1pm, 1-4pm, 5pm-8pm
Thursday: 7-10am, 10am-1pm, 1-4pm
Friday: 7-10am, 10am-1pm,
Volunteering in the kitchen is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Complete an application at manna.volunteerhub.com.
Attend a new volunteer orientation. Once you complete your application, you will be prompted to sign up for an orientation.
Schedule volunteer shifts using our online calendar (https://manna.volunteerhub.com/). Once you attend your orientation, a staff member will approve your account and the calendar will become available to you!
Returning users: Click here to schedule your next shift.
Accessibility at MANNA:
- We have an elevator/ there are no steps in the building.
- All bathrooms are gender-inclusive and we have wheelchair accessible bathrooms.
- The kitchen is a large commercial kitchen outfitted with standing-height tables. All kitchen tasks require standing. Please contact us for seated tasks/accommodations.
- We continue to work towards creating visual checklists and sharing information in a variety of modalities.
- The kitchen can be busy and loud. We play music on speakers. Please contact us for sensory accommodations/quiet spaces.
Contact Phoebe Unetic, Manager of Community Engagement, for any questions or concerns. Phoebe can be reached at PUnetic@mannapa.org or (215) 496-2662 x3.